In this episode of Revillaging, Adele Jarrett-Kerr chats with Ravideep Kaur, a presence coach and anti-oppression consultant who lives in Scotland and invites others to mindful activism. Her special focus is on decolonisation and reclaiming power and her approach is underpinned by her Sikh spirituality.
We talk about activism and activation as the still, ordinary and contemplative actions that change the world through authentic connection with the people around us, like our children. The idea that big equates effective is colonial.
Conversation touch points include:
- Listening to the body’s wisdom
- Questioning why we’re in a rush and why we’re being rushed
- The challenges of discussing complex topics on social media
- Our need to be “the best in class”
- The invitation to be vulnerable
- The role of spirituality in our activation
Follow Ravideep on Instagram and visit her website to find out more about her coaching and anti racism work, and to book on to one of her courses.
Share with others you think would benefit from listening to this conversation.